Peter Drucker once said “The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself.
According to Wikipedia, Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers for the purpose of selling the products or services.
It goes on to define mobile marketing as marketing on or with a mobile device, such as a smart phone. We could also say that mobile marketing is a set of practices that enables organization / individual to communicate and engage their audience in an interactive and relevant manner through any mobile device.
There are various ways in which Mobile /SMS marketing could be carried out. These include but not limited to the following
- Use of bulk SMS
- Short codes
- Push notifications
- MMS etc
In this article, I will be discussing extensively on the use of bulk SMS.
Bulk SMS is the dissemination of large number of SMS messages for delivering to mobile phones terminals. With the use of bulk SMS you could be able to customize the sender ID to reflect your company or brand name thereby making it look more formal and official. Bulk SMS is a more of a personalized and targeted promotional strategy which your business can used to reach a mass platform. With bulk SMS messages are sent to you target audience regardless of where they are as long as there is mobile reception.
Mobile marketing through bulk SMS became increasingly popular in the early 2000s in Europe and some part of Asia when businesses started to collect mobile phone numbers and send of wanted (or unwanted) content.
As a business owner, not being able to maintain regular contact with your customers or clients and giving them detailed and updated information about your products /services can be very detrimental. In view of this bulk SMS can be a very cheap, reliable and simple method of closing this communication gap.
Benefits of bulk SMS for mobile marketing
The benefits of bulk SMS are too numerous to mention but I will try and bring to light some of them.
- Bulk SMS are easy to create and execute. Messages are delivered to recipients within seconds of being sent.
- Prices of bulk SMS are very modest and the decrease as volume increases
- With bulk SMS, you can reach out to people all over the world. Delivery is almost always guaranteed and it’s the faster than any other form of advertising.
- Messages reach recipients wherever they are as long as there is mobile reception.
- With bulk SMS you can customize your SMS with your business name for easy recognition by your customers
- Also some mobile marketing firms like smskerenel.com have a database of active phone numbers based on location or states in Nigeria. Therefore business owners can easily use that opportunity to send targeted ads to customers based in a particular location.
Things needed to be done for a good mobile marketing campaign
- Create your customer database: build a database of your customer details. These database should include( customers name, phone numbers, email address, birthday etc). Ensure you get 80 % of these details because some customers might not feel comfortable giving out details. You should use this opportunity to build trust with your customers by providing valid reasons why you need these details.
- As you build your database, you should make it a habit to do the following:
Send your customers a ‘Thank you’ SMS after every transaction. Provide a contact line in the SMS that they can always reach you on.
-Send them concise details on arrival of new products, sales, etc.
-Be sensitive: Send them messages on their birthdays, during festive periods, new month, etc.
-Be Human: Send them messages to warn them of flood, traffic jam, terrorist attact, etc. You might be wondering but yes you should send them such messages because it shows that your business is Human.
- After getting the database, you should register with a good bulk SMS platform to be able to send the customized SMS. You can register with smskernel.com Registation is free and cost of SMS is very cheap. If you encounter any difficulty, you could always contact customer care on 07062359125 and it will be sorted out.
Things to avoid:
- Don’t bombard your customers with messages within short intervals, it can be pretty annoying.
- Don’t write long messages, make them short and captivating.
- ALWAYS include a number that they can reach you on, never forget that.
- Don’t send messages at the wrong time.
There are a lot of Don’ts to avoid but you really should put yourself in the customer’s shoes.
In conclusion mobile marketing through bulk SMS is gradually becoming a very effective marketing strategy used by both small and large companies to provide their customers with time and location sensitive personalized information that promotes goods, services and ideas. To send you bulk SMS to your client or targeted audience like people living in Eket LGA of Akwa Ibom State, you can always visit www.smskernel.com or call us on 07062359125 and we will be ever ready to assist you reach your customers more efficiently. Always bear in mind that bulk SMS can be used effectively for cross-selling, up-selling and direct-selling and remember its cost effective fast and reliable.